Event Date: 05/28/2017 Age Groups: AdultsMROC Training
2315 Via Esmarca
Oceanside, CA 92054
This American Ninja Warrior inspired event will include 1 stage of competition with 10-15 uniquely challenging obstacles designed to test grip, speed, and balance. Awards will be given to the Top Male & Female athletes who complete the most of the course in the shortest amount of time.
The course will be setup both inside and outside of our facility and will include a variety of obstacles inspired by (or similar to) the Salmon Ladder, Warped Wall, Rumble Dice, Unstable Bridge, and many more. Spectators are welcome but anyone who is not a member of the gym must pay $5 and sign a liability release form. Picture and Video OK.
This event is limited to the first 50 competitors (ages 18 & Up) who have previously advanced at a UNAA Area Qualifying Event.
You must follow the link below to prepay and reserve your spot:
$35 Pre-registration cost
$40 Day-of registration cost
*A portion of all proceeds from this event will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project on your behalf. Visit the link below to learn more about how you can help our veterans in need:
General Course Rules:
1) Both Regionals and Areas qualifiers will be ONE course compiled of 7-15 obstacles. The course and obstacles will not be revealed until the day of the event.
2) Max time limit for each run is 5 minutes.
3) Inadvertent collisions with safety material or other obstructions within the course can be forgiven, however this decision remains with the Head Judge.
4) Supporting Structure of obstacles may not be used at any time. This is defined by the Head Judge. Some examples of support structure are, chains supporting grips, material holding obstacle together, Eye-bolts holding grips to chains, or anything else that would be considered NOT part of an obstacle.
5) “Topping” is not allowed. Topping is using the flat surface above a grip in order to bypass the intended use of the grip. Some grips are exceptions to this rule (cannonball). This is determined by the Head Judge.
6) Performance Enhancement Items: The UNAA allows general climbing chalk and general athletic tape to assist competitors. Gloves and sticky finger products are NOT allowed. Competitors will be allowed to wear chalk bags on the course. However each chalk bag will be considered part of your persons. (E.g. if the chalk bag touches behind a boundary, it will can be considered a fail). Gyms may also provide chalk.
7) Competitors will be allotted ONE reattempt per course. If you fail an obstacle, and still have your reattempt remaining, it will go into effect on the obstacle you failed on, allowing you to reattempt it from it's start point.
8) Final Times are recorded by the Best Score. Explanation: Two judges will be deemed timers and one judge will be responsible for ensuring the competitors completes the obstacles in accordance to the rules established in the course walk-through. Once a competitor completes an obstacle, the course judge informs the timing judge. One judge will then mark that time down and continue to do so for every obstacle completed by the competitor. The other timer is there to ensure accuracy. If a competitor fails twice, their last completed obstacle and time of completion will be their official score.
9) "Ask it or Risk it." The Head Judge will have final say on all matters involving accurate course completion with best intent and interpretation of how each obstacle is to be completed. Head Judge may outlaw any action or manipulation of a rule as he sees fit. If you have ANY questions about what is or is not allowed, ask it, or risk it being called as a failure. We will not entertain any "...but you didnt say we couldnt" arguments.
10) Up to 10 athletes will advance from each Area Qualifier. Each class is allotted 5 slots at Areas (ex: 5 men and 5 women). However, no more than 50% of a class can advance. (ex. if there are 11 male participants, only 5 can advance). This is “the 50% rule”. However, if there isn't enough participation in a class to award all 5 slots the unused slots go to the other class (assuming this will not violate the 50% rule).
Other Events at this Location
|2015-05-16||Oceanside Ninja Throwdown|
|2015-08-08||Oceanside Ninja Throwdown II|
|2015-12-13||UNAA Area Qualifier|